SpaceTech develops optical isolators for satellite-based high-power laser applications, able to withstand launch loads and the space environment for a reliable long-term operation. In contrast to commercial devices, SpaceTech’s isolators feature a hardware completely free of organic material (no adhesives, no plastics), meeting the specific cleanliness requirements of space missions.
SpaceTech is capable to deliver the full development and production chain inhouse. Thus, allowing for a maximum in customization.
- Design of magnet field
- Optical design
- Thermal and structural analysis
- Manufacturing, assembly, and qualification testing
- High power laser applications
- Zero outgassing/adhesive free
- Vacuum compatible
- Radiation hardness
An example of the application for the SpaceTech optical isolator is the German-French Methane Lidar MERLIN, which is performed in under contract and in collaboration with Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology (ILT) in Aachen, Germany.
- Operational wavelength: 1064 nm (*others on request)
- Free aperture: 4 mm
- Damage threshold: 10 J/cm2 @ 10 ns
- Isolation: > 30 dB
- Transmission loss: < 0.2 dB
- Temperature range: -40°C to +50°C
- Size (w/o polarizers): 64 x 41.5 x 40 mm3
- Design loads: 50 g
- Mass: 390 g