With our heritage in all areas required, SpaceTech can deliver the complete solution for your space mission from ground stations and equipment to launch services to small and medium-sized satellites, payloads, instruments and equipment.
Knowledge concerning the migration of individual animals and whole populations has always been of high interest to mankind.
The space-bound animal monitoring system ICARUS (International Cooperation for Animal Research Using Space) is a global and innovative approach for permanent tracking of flying animals (like birds and bats) and land animals, covering a multitude of regions and species and thus outperforming existing systems.
ICARUS provides complete new insights in animal behaviour
- Dispersal and migration of animals damaging human food
- Global disease spreading by animals
- Wild animal behaviour in changing environments
- Preservation of biodiversity and endangered wildlife protection
SpaceTech development for ICARUS
SpaceTech has been selected by the MPIO team for the space-related segments of the project
- ICARUS space segment: the ICARUS Demonstrator, has been sent to the ISS February 2018 and was installed on the Russian module August 15th, 2018
- ICARUS Animal Tag: a prototype of the tracking sensor, meeting the main science requirements
Learn more about ICARUS