With several systems delivered and in orbit SpaceTech has developed into a provider of solar arrays systems ranging from deployment mechanisms for pre-defined deployable solar array structures to complete systems including photovoltaic assemblies, deployment mechanism and electronics ready for the integration onto the customer's spacecraft.
In order to ensure compliance with the customer's mission needs, the design of the solar panels includes structural/thermal design and analysis activities for the substrates as well as electrical design and analyses work for the photo-voltaic portions.
For the power performance analysis, in-house power simulation tools come into application.
Key features of STI solar arrays
- Exceptional fill ratio (85 %)
- Highly cost efficient
- In-house panel manufacturing
- NEW since 2018: automated cell laydown
Deployable solar arrays
- GökTürk-2 - launched 2012
- FORMOSAT 5 - launched 2017
- Sentinel-5 Precursor - launched 2017
- C-Sat - delivered 2017
- JASON CS /Sentinel-6 - delivered 2019
- Imece - to be delivered 2020 (solar arrays with automated cell laydown by STI)
- Formosat-7, multi-panel - to be delivered 2020 (solar arrays with automated cell laydown by STI)
Body mounted solar arrays
- SARah - delivered 2018
- Space IL - launched 2019
- EUCLID - to be delivered 2019
- LapanA4 (Indonesia) - to be delivered 2019 (solar arrays with automated cell laydown by STI)
- York Space Systems - to be delivered 2019 (solar arrays with automated cell laydown by STI)
Euclid Solar Panels and Sun Shield
SpaceTech was selected to build the solar panels and the sun shield for Euclid.
Solar Array for SAR satellite
SpaceTech was selected by Airbus DS as supplier of the solar array for their SAR satellite
FORMOSAT-5 Solar Array
FORMOSAT-5 is an earth observation satellite mission with a ground resolution of approximately 2 m, realized as a Taiwan domestic development.
Göktürk-2 Solar Arrays
Against strong international competition, SpaceTech has been awarded a contract by the Turkish government institute TÜBITAK UZAY to deliver the GökTürk solar array system