SpaceTech develops laser optical instruments for earth observation missions, specifically instruments requirering highly stable laser sources e.g. for heterodyne interferometers and trace-gas measurements. For this, SpaceTech has built up a team of laser specialists covering the required areas of competency optical, optomechanical to optoelectronical design.
- Laser ranging interferometer for GRACE Follow-On
- High stability laser for a potential NGGM mission
- Frequency reference unit for MERLIN
Full instrument development cycle
- Instrument concept design
- Detailed optical, mechanical and electrical design
- Manufacturing and test of carbon fibre-glas and metal-glas optomechanical components, including qualification of flight hardware.
SpaceTech maintains an active network to institutes and companies in the field of laser optics providing access to state of the art knowledge and technology.
Lasers for LISA
The Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA) mission aims for detection and characterization of gravitational waves in the frequency range between 30 μHz and 1 Hz.