Thermal Design & Analysis
SpaceTech personnel expertise covers all thermal engineering processes needed for the development of space products. This includes all necessary tasks from the definition of the thermal environment, over design, analysis up to verification tests.
SpaceTech performs thermo-mechanical stability analysis which combines the structural and thermal analysis capabilities to ensure highly-stable components like the opitcal bench applications, SEH-R and TMA (Triple-Mirror-Assembly for GRACE-Follow-On) retro-reflectors.
STI offers thermal design and analysis:
- from the conceptual idea to the detailed analysis
- from analysis to test conduction and test correlation
- from breadboard to flight model testing
Thermal Engineering Support Example
A two-stage radiator for instrument cooling was developed by STI in 2010. The design includes 2 thermally high-conductive cold-fingers to the optics detectors and a thermally insulated framework for the structural connectivity to the satellite bus. From customer specifications including maximum weight, stiffness, detector temperatures and interface positions a first concept was proposed. After customer approval a detailed design was developed and components like the cold fingers were tested in breadboard designs.
Tools for Thermal Analysis:
- ESATAN TMS r4
- SPADES (STI Development) Integrated Thermal Module
- Lunar Exploration Orbiter (LEO) Phase 0 and A
- DEOS Phase A
- DEOS Phase B1
- S5p Phase A and B1
- SEH-R: bmbf-cofunded work, published at 17th International Workshop on Raser Ranging, Bad Kötzting 2011
- Coarse Earth & Sun Sensor (CESS)