Mission Design & Analysis
SpaceTech performs the full range of mission and spacecraft analyses and design. Mission analysis and design are supported by commercial and in-house developed simulation tools.
Early phases with commercial software package STK
- Date and time dependent orbit propagation and ground track analysis
- Determination of contact times for visibility and data transfer
- Observation conditions/geometry
- Visualization in 2D and 3D
- Data Export to Excel/ Matlab etc
More detailed analyses are performed with the in-house developed tool SPADES (Spacecraft Performance Analysis with Dynamic Environment Simulation).
The main speciality of SPADES is the coupling and details between different physical subdomains (e.g. thermal environment, power housekeeping, etc).
- Solar, albedo and IR irradiation computation, comprising self-shadowing effects, based on a geometrical S/C model and arbitrary albedo and IR maps
- Thermal analysis based on a thermal node model (radiative and conductive coupling)
- Power analysis, based on irradiation input, solar generator configuration, shunt and battery simulation
- Simulation of space environment, based on models according to ESA standards (gravity, atmosphere, solar radiation, Earth’s magnetic field)
- Attitude and orbit control module with different guidance and control options (slews and stabilization)
- Actuator and sensor models, with different levels of detail (thrusters, reaction wheels, magnetorquers, gyroscopes, star trackers)
- AOCS HW power consumption can be coupled to the power module
- Multi body dynamics (e.g. solar panels, instruments) and control simulation
- Set of visualization tools for validation (thermal effects, control accuracy, flexible parts behavior etc)