SpaceTech develops optical isolators for satellite-based high-power laser applications. Different from the commercial and common industrial products, the isolators are designed to meet highly demanding and specific requirements for high power laser systems in space such as:
- Completely free of gluing
- Completely free of outgassing
- Vacuum compatible for space applications
- A wide temperature range between -30 °C to +50 °C
- Design loads of 50 g and more
- Radiation hardness
The isolator development is performed in collaboration with Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology (ILT) in Aachen, Germany.
STI is offering these isolators as qualified optical components for demanding applications in terrestrial or space laser systems.